24.11.11

Rise & Shine

Happy days start with happy stomachs. I remember when I was younger I used to skip breakfast a lot. My father always insisted that I had to change that.


Now I can't start my day without it. Even though I have an early start, and do a couple of chores in-between, I still get to have a nice breakfast every day. For the week I make it simple, in weekends we do cook something more elaborate and fun.

Here's how I do it:
1. Make a pot of coffee for husband (while he still in the shower).
2. Wash some berries and put them in a bowl of cereal and skimmed milk.
3. Go wake up kid.
4. Put a slice of bread to toast. In the meantime start eating cereal.
5. Go and help Ander get dressed, wash face & teeth.
6. Go back to kitchen and eat toast with a little cream cheese and a small glass of orange juice. While doing that I put some water to boil.
7. Make Ander's breakfast and serve on the dining room, he's already waiting. Put the water in my cup with a tea bag already in.
8. Get coats, shoes, Ander's backpack, we're almost ready. ¡Tea is ready!. A couple of sips and away we go!

Breakfast is like the beginning of our routine, but a very fun one, having one bathroom and a tiny kitchen makes it a little tricky as we bump into each other all the time. As we go in and out of rooms, we share kisses and hugs, eat in-between and run. I love it!

¡Happy morning!


Photos: Elli O.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario