14.9.11

All you have to do is ask


I like to make my meetings nice and warm. Working on projects that have to do with identity often become very personal for clients. So the first step into creating a proper ambient for potential clients was to set a nice studio. In this economy, my chances of building a studio that I liked were very few, so I made a two in one project and redecorated our living room and used a little space for the studio. That way I could manage to take Ander to school, clean and cook and dedicate 5 hours straight a day strictly to work.

So, for meetings I created what I called the "Ask Sessions". I invite my clients for a little conversation. Part of some sessions are breakfasts (I make pancakes) and cappuccinos, it depends on the availability and time. One of my friends-clients just loves to talk about projects at my studio-living room, we even sit on the floor and share ideas.

Ask Sessions for clients:

1. I offer a variety of cool and hot drinks. For this I bought a Dolce Gusto coffee machine and I have to say I love it!. I have a set of super cute cups for the ask sessions, I make sure to have little details like a tag in the napkin, I show the love in every way I can. (this drives husband a little crazy, but I just can't help it).
2. I give them a luxury pencil (that's how I named them, they are just so chic!) and a notebook, if we are gonna discuss or draw ideas, better make it in a cute way.
3. I make sure there's a little music. Often play Jònsi, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sara Bareilles, Hans Zimmer, Air, …need ambient not disco fever.

I have to be honest, sometimes I have sessions at 8 pm. or even later! some of my clients are other independent professionals, so I try to make myself available to their schedules.

Photo: ©Elli O.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario