24.1.12

La Petite Galerie


My boy is turning six this month. Every year we make a little party at his school. We celebrate with other kids, this way the mom's get a little less "crazy" with all the organizing and decorating. I'm always in charge of this last part, since I already had the kid's illustrations (from last year's party), I decided to make a "Petite Galerie" theme.

An important factor was budget, always this word, but seriously it doesn't has to be expensive to be fun. I used some basic A4 paper and I made a design using this awesome frames from outside the line. I printed a dotted pattern on the back, added a little crayon (from a chinese shop) and sealed with a little transparent label. To make it a theme I called my local printer and ordered A3's that we used as place mats.

I suggested we had donuts instead of a cake (since they are six kids, and every one wanted to blow their own candle). They agreed and I went for some at a local store.

The kids liked it very much, in every invite there was one empty frame, so they could draw their own portrait. We had lots of sugar and fun. And on a budget!.

A big thank you to all the moms on the organizing committee.


Photography & Artwork: Elli O.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario