31.10.11

Cover Up


A couple of years ago I started redecorating our living room. We were focused in creating a studio, so we painted, I bought a couple of desks and bookshelfs and got started. As always we had a low budget, so I got everything from IKEA.

The thing is that in order to be affordable they have very specific colors. I bought a couple of NILS chairs with a green cover. It wasn't the look I would prefer but it was fine by then, the first phase was completed.

Time went by and I bumped into Bemz, a design shop of style covers for IKEA furniture, ¡quite a discovery!. After some time selecting and picturing how they would look, I picked three styles.
One of the cool things about Bemz is that you can ask for samples, for free!. As soon as they arrived and saw them I knew what I wanted. The other thing I considered was the fact that they all are machine washable.

A very important thing to keep in mind is that no matter how beautiful something is for your room you have to be able to clean it easily.


I picked this cute baby, from the Marimekko selection. Beautiful. I got it within four weeks from the day I ordered. I was a little nervous with the pattern, as for the windows I already have a pattern from Emma Jeffs's lovely Otto window film. But  I think it works just fine.

Finally to add some color I put a yellow cushion from Zara Home. The whole studio changed with just a couple of details, I'm really happy with it.

Photos: Elli O.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario