15.4.10

The Finder



One of my beloved treasures is Keri Smith's Living Out Loud. She's one of my hero's because of her constant involvement in the improvement of being, she's constantly writing inspirational articles, encouraging others to create.

Most of her methods have to do with activities that challenge us to move and create, most of the time with unusual techniques, unusual but fun, and that's extraordinary.

Nowadays it's easier to keep our mind and thoughts in a tiny box, because of all the negativity (economics, work, routine). Through this we get to learn how to be creative and go back to our childish enthusiasm, play and enjoy nature, observe instead of giving little glimpses.



One of my objectives now is to "enjoy" all the processes in my day to day activities (from doing the bed, to playing with my kid). So, yesterday I picked one of my favorite activities, it's called: The Finder.

The Finder


A finder is a small piece of cardboard (about three-by-four inches) with a one-inch-square hole cut out of the middle. In the book she explains some ways to use it, I chose the one that suggests to take it out. I packed a bag with Ander's lunch, grabbed my camera and finder, and went to pick him up from school. We went to the park and I sat on a bench, we talked, we laughed, I enjoyed the sun, got to watch a lot of things, the grass, my feet, Ander playing.

I took pictures and spent a lot of time observing through my finder, this is only a start, I can make as much finders as I like, in different colors. I had a lot of fun, plus it's hilarious when people look at you and wonder ¿What is she doing?.


2 comentarios:

  1. ese marquito queda precioso y da mucho juego, eh?
    así igual hasta se ven las cosas desde otro punto de vista!

    un beso fi

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hola guapa!! la verdad que sí, "observamos" y si nos ponemos hasta podemos crear algún tipo de arte con cada "pedazito" ¿no?. Haz visto que he publicado mi gran regalo??... Así tengo un poquito de tu arte alegrando mi blog.

    Besos

    ResponderEliminar