24.4.11

Melancholia

Melancholia from Zentropa on Vimeo.


Very few times I take a ride into the dark worlds of some artists. I've just seen two of Lars Von Trier's movies, though his projects deal mostly with values and ethics, I feel I have to be in a very special mood to see his work. I saw 'Dancer in The Dark', because Björk was starring and singing. That experience was very disturbing, I loved the performances, the music, the cast was brilliant, but it was very intense for me, I guess the feeling I got afterwards.

Then I saw 'Dogville' which I found very well done and interesting, I thought the journey of the characters was so disturbingly real, and found the set to be extraordinary, the movie evolves in a kind of theater set, no exteriors or special effects, the walls and gardens are created by our own mind, as we are told through drawn lines where is everything. I really loved the photography and the performances.

And that's it, as much as I love Charlotte Gainsbourg I didn't saw 'Anthicrist' it was too much for me. When I found out about 'Melancholia' I didn't hesitated on watching the trailer. This few seconds can show a beautiful art direction, photography, and of course, Charlotte.

On the web page, you can read under the trailer: "A beautiful movie about the end of the world".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario